With the release of Michael Behe's Darwin Devolves, the scientific dialogue between its detractors and defenders continues. Here we collect some of the most noteworthy criticisms and responses by Michael Behe and others. Find the most comprehensive coverage and most recent responses of Darwin Devolves at Evolution News.
Re: Lents at Skeptic Magazine
Regarding "Behe's Last Stand: The Lion of Intelligent Design Roars Again" by Nathan H. Lents at Skeptic Magazine, Volume 24, Number 1 (March 2019).
Re: Lang and Rice at Evolution
Regarding "Evolution unscathed: Darwin Devolves argues on weak reasoning that unguided evolution is a destructive force, incapable of innovation" by Gregory I. Lang and Amber M. Rice (March 13, 2019) at Evolution.
Re: Lenski at Telliamed Revisited
Regarding Richard Lenski's series: 1. "Does Behe’s “First Rule” Really Show that Evolutionary Biology Has a Big Problem?" (February 15, 2019), 2. "On damaged genes and polar bears" (February 22, 2019), 3. "Is the LTEE breaking bad?" (February 26, 2019), 4. "Evolution goes viral! (And how real science works)" (March 6, 2019).
Re: Coyne at The Washington Post
Regarding Jerry Coyne's "Intelligent design gets even dumber" at The Washington Post (March 8, 2019).
Re: Lents, Swamidass, and Lenski
Regarding "A biochemist’s crusade to overturn evolution misrepresents theory and ignores evidence" by Nathan H. Lents, S. Joshua Swamidass, and Richard E. Lenski in Science (February 7, 2019)
- "Woo-hoo! In Science Review of Darwin Devolves, Lenski Has No Response to My Main Argument" by Michael Behe (February 7, 2019)
- "Darwinists Devolve: Review by Swamidass, Lenski, and Lents Borders on Fraud" by John G. West (February 11, 2019)
- "Cited to Attack Darwin Devolves, Study Devolves on Close Inspection" at Evolution News (February 13, 2019)
- "Train Wreck of a Review: A Response to Lenski et al. in Science" by Michael Behe (February 14, 2019)
- "Perplexing: Michael Behe’s Critics Falsely Claim He Ignores Exaptation" at Evolution News (February 19, 2019)
- "Behe Responds to the Journal Science" on the ID the Future podcast, Part I and Part II, by Michael Behe with Andrew McDiarmid.
- "Näsvall et al. Demonstrates the Effectiveness of Intelligent Design" by Ann Gauger at Evolution News (February 25, 2019)
On Scientific Dialogue
Regarding "I Agree with Behe" by S. Joshua Swamidass at Peaceful Science (February 12, 2019)
Of the First Rule of Adaptive Evolution
Regarding "Does Behe’s 'First Rule' Really Show that Evolutionary Biology Has a Big Problem?" by Richard E. Lenski at Telliamed Revisited (February 15, 2019)
Of Chloroquine Resistance
Of Polar Bears
Regarding "Scientists scrutinize just two examples in Behe’s new book; find them deeply misleading" by Jerry Coyne (February 13, 2019) and "Darwin Devolves: Behe Gets Polar Bear Evolution Very Wrong" by Nathan H. Lents (February 12, 2019)